You are important. Yet, we forget about ourselves because there are other things in our lives that we are putting first. When we aren’t noticing the signs that we need a break, it leads to exhaustion and stress. Self-care is an activity that every person needs to make time for.
When you make yourself a priority, you will find time.
Not only is not enough time an excuse, so is not having the money. Self-care isn’t only about taking a vacation or shopping; even though that’s a good idea too. You can also practice self-care with things that you already have for little to no extra cost to you. Below are some ideas that you should incorporate in your daily life for free or with things you may already have around. You will feel refreshed and less stressed. We all need breaks.
Rest & Relax
- Throw your pajamas in the dryer (on on your radiator if you don’t have a dryer) and hop in the bath. When you get out of the bath, you can put those on and they’ll feel nice and warm and your favorite cozy socks
- Wash your face and do the whole step process from face mask to moisturizer
- Put on clean sheets and snuggle up in bed with a good book
- Light calming candles
- Turn on Pandora to your favorite station
- Warm up a heating blanket, hop in he shower, put on a mask, brew some tea, and get ready for Netflix
- Watch a movie alone with your favorite snacks
- Put on some dance music and have a dance party
- Drawing or coloring
- Practice empowerment by putting on songs that make you feel powerful and the most authentic version of you
- Write in your journal or plan out your day in your planner
- Call a friend
- Meet up for lunch
- Take time for a 1 on 1 with your significant other to discuss your day without interruptions
Physical & Spiritual health
- Practice guided meditation
- 30 minutes of cardio
- Go for a walk/run
- Practice mindful walking
- Write out positive affirmations
Reclaim your happiness and confidence. Don’t let the stress and the situations you are in, create doubt in your mind and heart about how awesome you are. You are entitled to self-care. What are ways you practice self-care?